nenebgc2040

Time to write some original content, as it appears that sites cannot survive solely by reblogging other people’s posts. I thought the readership would appreciate me promoting their work, but alas the numbers don’t lie. View counts are down and some have even branded me lazy in the comments section. To make amends I will answer some more questions from the Thirty Day Anime Challenge. In theory I should be answering one of these every twenty-four hours, but that sounds like too much hard work. Hmmm, I guess that commenter was correct about me being slothful!

DAY SIX: Anime I want to see but haven’t yet

I want to watch Grave of the Fireflies, but haven’t yet because I am a pussy. Whenever I think of picking up the DVD I reconsider due to the subject matter. A movie about war decimating families and kids starving to death sounds downright depressing. Isn’t entertainment meant to be fun? For me the appeal of anime is the kickass action, bouncy boobies and hilarious comedy. The synopsis for Grave of the Fireflies reminds me of In This Corner Of the World – a film that made me feel miserable. One day however I will cross off Fireflies from my bucket list. Just like Akira or Ghost in the Shell it has the reputation of being a critically acclaimed feature that every anime fan should experience at least once.

DAY SEVEN: My anime crush

Technically speaking, I have already answered this back when I participated in the Five Flaming Hotties tag. To see a list of my favourite animated women click HERE. For the sake of this post I’ll mention someone who barely missed out on making the Flaming Hotties quintet – Nene Romanova. I suppose you could say she was my first anime crush, as she appears in the first anime DVD series I ever purchased (Bubblegum Crisis 2040). Out of the four Knight Sabers she was my favourite. Nene is funny, looks good in a uniform and has geek girl appeal thanks to her computer skills. Completing the package is a cute voice, provided in the English dub by voice actress Hilary Haag.

DAY EIGHT: Favourite anime couple

My vote goes to the Clannad pairing of Tomoya Okazaki and Nagisa Furukawa. One advantage this couple has over other anime lovebirds is that we see their relationship develop over two seasons. Whilst other shows end with the leads sharing an inaugural kiss Clannad covers how Tomoya and Nagisa went from high school sweethearts to husband/wife and finally parents. I dig this ship because they compliment each other so well. Tomoya supported Nagisa with her health issues and Nagisa’s influence, in turn, saved him from a delinquent existence. If you haven’t watched Clannad I highly recommend that you do. Given my earlier comments, in the Day Six section, you know I dislike tragic stories. You can therefore rest assured that Clannad is completely devoid of tearful moments (muwahaha.)

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top