Following the success of my Renamon cosplay, I had intended to dive into the world of Sonic the Hedgehog for London MCM Expo in May 2015. I had a crack at Shade the Echidna from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood … but I botched the entire thing, thanks entirely to struggling with the head. So I needed a last minute replacement. ‘What would be easy to do, but likely be popular?’ I asked myself. Then it hit me! Celty from Durarara!

Getting hold of a suitable catsuit was easy. The helmet was what was going to be the difficult bit. I got lucky and found one on discount on Amazon, and got to work. Below, you’ll find the making of photos for the helmet, and below that are the shots from the event. You may note that there’s no scythe … I did take one with me, but realised that it was going to be too unwieldy in the crowds.

Now, I didn’t get asked for as many photos as last time around, but the costume seemed to go down well. My favourite moment was when I walked into the toilets and a guy started chuckling to himself. I ignored him and entered a cubicle. From a cubicle next to mine, a voice says, “That’s an evil laugh mate.”

“Yeah,” the first guy replies. “That’s my ‘I know something you don’t know’ laugh.”

“Yeah? What’s that.”

“You remember that Celty that you saw out front? The one you really liked? Well, he just got in the cubicle next to you.”

There was a moment of silence, then the guy in the cubicle next to me grumbles, “… Not again …”

combined

Advertisements

Share this:

Like this:

Like

Loading...

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top