buildaharem

Alfredo Pasta, a talented blogger who writes about Spaghetti and anime, has nominated me for the “Build a Harem” challenge. Be sure to check out his excellent site by clicking HERE. Said challenge demands that I form a quintet of anime ladies. Okay, let’s get to it then. To make things interesting I’ll avoid picking anyone from last year’s Five Flaming Hotties lineup. Here are the rules by the way…

The ‘Build A Harem’ Tag Rules:

  1. Link back to the original post on Anime Q and A so they can check out everyone’s picks!
  2. Use the ‘Build A Harem’ logo somewhere in the post.
  3. Make sure to mention the person who nominated you too!
  4. Pick 5 Anime Characters (any show & any gender) that would be in your ideal harem if you were the main character of a harem anime, explain a little bit as to why they are your picks (if you want).
  5. Make sure each character you pick falls into some of the following harem character types: Childhood friend, tom boy/girl, genki girl/boy, loli/shota, trap, tsundere, yandere, kuudere, dandere, etc. (If there’s a character you’ve picked that doesn’t specifically fall into one of these types or falls into multiple types that’s fine too!
  6. Nominate 5 people to participate in this tag!

ELSIE (THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOW) THE KLUTZ

elsieharem

The World God Only Knows is a hilarious show about a gamer that has to seduce girls, in order to liberate them from demonic possession. I enjoyed most of the anime, but have avoided the third season thus far. As someone who loved the manga I suspect the series finale will frustrate me, due to all the content that was cut out. Elsie makes it into my harem, as she is a rare example of a clumsy character that isn’t annoying. Her fondness for fire trucks is cute and I approve of her cleaning skills. That’s something I look for in a love interest, as I loathe doing housework.

ESDEATH (AKAME GA KILL) THE SADISTIC ONE

esdeathharem

Akame Ga Kill has a large cast of wonderful characters. Shame then that most of them get needlessly killed off for pure shock value. Esdeath, the villainess who manipulates ice, would make a “cool” addition to my harem. Many harem shows include a token violent girl in the group and they don’t come more bloodthirsty than Esdeath. I guess you can’t be a pacifist when your moniker includes the word death in it. Thankfully I should be safe from her cruelty, as she is surprisingly romantic towards main characters.

CHISAKI HIRADAIRA (A LULL IN THE SEA) CHILDHOOD FRIEND

chisakiharem

A Lull in the Sea is an exceptional anime that I highly recommend to drama fans everywhere. The series starts out with undersea inhabitants transferring to a school on the surface world, before transforming into a romance show that boasts the messiest love triangle I have ever seen. Out of the show’s many childhood friends Chisaki is the most mature, both mentally and physically. This girl from the sea comes equipped with some nice floatation devices on her chest. Later in life she studies medicine, so she ticks the nurse fetish box too.

MORIOKA MORIKO (RECOVERY OF AN MMO JUNKIE) QUIET GIRL

morikoharem

Out of all the females mentioned in this post Moriko is the one who resembles me the most. Shy, thirty year old, introvert who barely speaks pretty much sums me up to a T. Providing we could ever pluck up the courage to start up a conversation, I think Moriko and myself could easily bond over our shared passion for online games. As someone who has previously suffered from Warcraft addiction I however suspect that the relationship would trigger an MMORPG relapse. Must resist the urge to re-subscribe and level up my Paladin.

SHANA (SHAKUGAN NO SHANA) TSUNDERE

shanaharem

Shakugan No Shana is a series I have mixed feelings about. The first season was brill, but it went downhill from there. Season two suffered from a rushed finale, after wasting too much time on filler, and the plot of series three made no sense. My misgivings aside, protagonist Shana is worthy of joining my harem. This petit Flame Haze looks great with either black or crimson hair. Despite being a no nonsense swordfighter she has that tsundere charm of getting easily flustered. When embarrassed she is known to yell out “Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!”

All right, the five gal quota has been filled. This challenge was tougher than I initially thought. Anime is packed with likable women, but selecting ones that fit the traditional harem archetypes wasn’t easy. I’ll conclude the post by inviting other bloggers to name their harem of fictional animated characters. The famous five I elect are…

Death Metal Florist

John Jr.

Man in Black

Raistlin0903

WeeaBro Derek

Share this:

Like this:

Like

Loading...

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top